August 24, 2009 – Valador Becomes ISO 20000 Certified
Herndon, VA, August 24, 2009 — Valador, inc. has received International Standards Organization (ISO) 20000 certification. ISO 20000 is a customer-focused international standard that contains the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices for information technology (IT) service management, for the most cost-effective and efficient service delivery. The ISO 20000 Standard promotes an integrated process approach to deliver managed service in order to meet requirements. Valador was presented with a Certificate of Registration for ISO 20000 and now holds Certificate Number: ITMS 549749. With this, Valador becomes the 35th Company in the U.S. to attain this certification. We are now the 1st Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and one of very few Small Businesses to have this certification.
To gain certification, Valador was required to pass a challenging evaluation of our management practices conducted by an independent auditor. Valador’s ISO 20000 initiative began in early 2009, and was led by Rebecca Filardo. Less than a year after beginning preparation, Valador passed the formal assessment which was conducted by BSI Management Systems America, Inc.
“Our ISO 20000 certification was a definite milestone for Valador and reaffirms our unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction and continual improvement,” said the company’s President and CEO, Kevin Mabie. “With a strong management team, capable employees, excellent training, and a dedication to delivering quality services, Valador has earned a well-regarded reputation among customers for outstanding performance of their mission-critical systems.”
The ISO 20000 certification confirms that Valador’s management practices and processes are tightly controlled and applied consistently. Because Valador procedures are developed with customers in mind, IT Service Management System standards play a critical role in the quality of services provided. The quality of service delivered to our customers is enhanced and improved through the reduction of process inconsistencies, and customer feedback becomes paramount to decisions made by Valador management in the future direction of what the organization can provide. Implementation of ISO 20000 brings with it many benefits and advantages including:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports ‘interchanging’ of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt.
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception.
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes.
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Valador, Inc. is a Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that delivers powerful solutions for collecting, maintaining, visualizing, and protecting its clients’ information. The company focuses on four key business areas — Modeling and Simulation, Information Assurance, Management Consulting, and Software Engineering. It employs innovative solutions such and the use of 3D immersive visualization to address its clients’ complex challenges, such as decision support, strategic planning, risk management, safety and reliability, assessment of alternatives, and information security.
For more information visit our website at www.valador.com.